Saturday 10 May 2014

Uncertain Summer

Hey so sorry for the delay between posts. I have just been relaxing and also running some errands. The errands are in relation to my courses because I was registered in 3 courses at Langara for the summer but I was dropped from them because I didn't pay my fees! I've been scrambling by talking to UBC and trying to register for 2 courses there. They said it may be a bit too late to register now, but I should find out sometime next week. Next week is also when classes start so I'll be attending lectures just in case I can register at UBC.

I am not proud of not paying my fees, but in my defense I have never heard of a school requiring fee payment 2 weeks before the first day of class. I was also given no warning, no emails, nothing. The only way I would have known is if I looked on the calendar on the website. Despite this, I can't help but feel a bit irresponsible about this whole thing.

My girlfriend also had a great idea by suggesting that I take Thompson Rivers University online classes. So if I can't register at UBC, I will take Thomspon Rivers classes instead of working this summer. I feel my education is too important to put off for a summer. The only problem is that I don't really like online classes, but I'm hoping that I will enjoy the ones that I'll register in. They will be 3 classes in total, 1 math class and 2 social work classes.

As soon as I know what I'm doing this summer, I will post on here. I guess I will just have to watch some NHL playoff hockey in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment