Wednesday 20 January 2016

Good news, Bad news

Ok the good news is more like unbelievably amazing news and the bad news is not super bad but just kind of annoying.

The good news is that I got all of my failed courses removed (due to medical reasons). So yeah that is pretty great right? So what is the bad news? The bad news is my new AGPA for UBC Med is only 0.2% different than my new overall GPA. This is possible because during my year off I took a 1 credit chemistry lab and did poorly on it, but still passed, so it remains on my record and would mean that UBC will simply remove that 1 credit course from my GPA, hardly denting my GPA.

But I didn't fully explain the good news. My overall GPA did go up from what my AGPA would have been. My new overall GPA is ......73.9%! 1.1% away from applying to UBC med. I am still below the GPA mark for McMaster because only my failed courses were removed, I still have C's and D's from my first few years of school that is bringing my average down. But I'm trying to focus on the good for now. It really truly feels like I have a new lease on life, with not much holding me back. I'm at 73.9 and I can guarantee it won't ever go any lower than that.

So what are my chances of applying to UBC medicine this year? I have an absolutely excellent chance as long as I get marks in the A range (85-89). Anything over that would be a plus. I don't want to celebrate too early yet, but I am just in a really good mood right now. As you can tell from my last few posts, it is has been an up and down ride as to whether or not I'll be applying to UBC med this summer.

But now, I'm licking my chops like a hungry wolf. I'm not sure what kind of analogy that was, but I think it suits this. There is almost no way that I won't be able to apply to UBC this summer. My marks are only going to be higher than my average, not lower. It would take some serious setbacks for that to happen. But I just realized, the next university couruses I might be taking are organic chemistry. If there was ever something to stop me from my goals, organic chemistry would be it.


I'll post later about which university courses I'm taking next. For now, I'm going to feel good about my new average.

No comments:

Post a Comment