Sunday 23 March 2014

Part-time Jop Applications

Since I've been doing well this semester, I thought it'd be a good idea to get a part time job. There are a lot of cool jobs on the UBC volunteer connect website. I applied to a bunch of those jobs. The only problem is that most of those jobs are 20 hours a week. This seems like it might be a bit too much for me. I would prefer about 10-12 hours a week. But I'm not even sure if I'll get an interview, considering I've only completed 1 year of classes and thus am in second year.

I think a lab job would be interesting. I have lab experience at St. Paul's Hospital. Although this was boring at times, I did enjoy going to the lab. There was one job that I am particularly gunning for. It was working with the UBC Men's basketball team. I would absolutely love working for the basketball team, as I am a huge fan of the UBC men's team. I am also a former high school basketball player myself, so hopefully they will view me favorably in the application.

If I could hear back from a 10 hour a week job, that would be ideal. I applied saturday night and I've already received one email saying that they are currently combing through applications. So I will post more if I get invited to some interviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment