Sunday 6 April 2014

Last day of class

Last Thursday I had my last class of the semester. I am still waiting to get a few marks back so I don't quite know my final marks. Also, I still have final exams.

As for the jobs, I haven't heard much back yet. I received an email from the head of Drive Basketball about a job but I wasn't able to meet with him during the days he wanted and he still hasn't gotten back to me with different days to meet him.

I'm hoping to know my final marks by the end of April. I have already registered for summer courses and I am looking forward to them quite a bit. I'm hoping to have even higher marks this summer.

My girlfriend really wants me to get a job but I only want a job that I'm passionate about. Not to mention a job could hurt my grades and school is my absolute number 1 priority. I love my girlfriend but I'm really disappointed that she doesn't see my point of view. What's worst is she thinks 80 bucks a week is going to make a huge difference when it hardly affects anything.

I also started volunteering with a UBC Mental Health group called the Kaleidoscope. I am very passionate about this group as I think mental health affects too many students and I'm just happy I can be a part of a solution. For anyone interested in comming to the Kaleidoscope there is free pizza on Tuesdays and free sushi on Wednesdays and Thursdays. The locations are below: (Note these are all on the UBC Vancouver campus.)

Tuesdays 5-6pm in the CSI’s small meeting room
Wednesdays 12-1pm in BUCH D209
Thursdays 12:30-1:30pm also in BUCH D209

No comments:

Post a Comment