Friday 22 May 2015

Very Busy May and June

So I registered in 3 courses over the summer at UBC - in addition to the two online courses I was already in. Add in that I've had a lot of errands and a few events I've had to attend. All in all, it's made for a super busy last two weeks (when the term started), and I don't think it's going to stop.

For my classes, there is bad news and good news. Bad news is 1) that I hate my bio class and 2) I got under 50 percent on my first genetics quiz. Good news is 1) I love everything about my biopsych class and 2) I have several quizzes in my bio class, and we drop the worst mark, so my aforementioned quiz may not count for marks.

A lot of extremes here. For bio, I don't like the prof, I don't like the people I sit with, and I don't enjoy the content. For biopsych, I love the prof, the people I sit with are awesome and have become my friends, and the content is by far the most fascinating stuff I have ever learned.

I was smart enough to get into UBC but I really have to up my game. In addition to medical school, I wanted to win some awards and scholarships at UBC, and I can't do that with an average under 90%. I've been busy, but there is still a ways to go. I know I have to do more than just survive the bio class, that is not the right approach. There are aspects that fascinate me like the history and the problem solving, and if I get my foot in the door that way, then maybe I can start immersing myself in the material some more. I find when I immerse myself in a topic, then the marks usually follow.

I'll post more about my biopsych class and why it is so amazing in the future. For now, I have another quiz in bio on Monday so I should really go study.

No comments:

Post a Comment