Sunday 6 March 2016

Study, Walk, Gym, Eat

So last week I spent my entire days doing one of the 4 things in the title: studying, going for a brisk walk, lifting weights at the gym with a friend, and eating my 3 meals a day.

I was putting in some serious work to learn organic chemistry. I haven't got any marks back yet or finished an assignment, but I've completed about 15% of the entire course, so I think progress is being made. One thing I'm concerned about is whether my pace in this first unit can be applied to future units, because a lot of what I've learned has been review from 1st year chemistry or chemistry 12. Although it was been 5 and 7 years respectively since I did those courses too.

I was spending at least 10 hours a day studying last week. I didn't study for the whole week but I got in a few good days there. Yesterday on Saturday I took a little break and spent some time researching my chances for admission into Canadian medical schools. There are a lot of schools where I won't meet the cutoffs or requirements this summer, but in 2 years I will be eligble for a lot more schools. Although I do have a strong preference for McMaster or UBC.

I'm in full gear now. The days are longer but I am learning so much more. I also got my sleep schedule back on track which was bothering me before too. All in all, things are good, but the road is going to be so long. I've done two years at 73%. That means I need to do 2 more years at 93% to get up to a respectable 83% average.

My next goals are to write at least 3 exams in April. If I get 80% in all 3 courses and then I finish organic chemistry at the end of April and get an "A" in it, then I will have met the 75% cutoff.

BUT, if everything goes right for me, then I'm expecting to have something more like an 83% as opposed to a flat 80 average for my ocean science and health psych courses. It could go even higher than that, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment