Wednesday 20 September 2017

First day back in the lab

So today is my first day back in the lab. This lab will have implications for my research project. I know oftentimes not everything is black or white, but I really feel like I have to succeed here. Just a bit nervous because I have a busy morning this morning, but I will consolidate my learning before my lab. A lot of the processes I have done, but it's a) been a while and b) pretty rigorous

Nonetheless my game plan is to do some lab prep for an hour or two. In this hour I will determine all of the processes and then write them out from memory. Then after that I will write the quiz, go to the gym, then go see who is in the lab help dropin room. It's been 6 years so I need this right now. But onwards and upwards people. I will never have enough time in medicine. There will be patients' lives that depend upon my diligence and time management skills, either alone or as a part of the team. But I'll try out this lab and see how it goes, after 6 long hard years, I'm ready for this.

2 comments:

  1. You got this bro! Remember the path to becoming a doctor is a marathon, not a sprint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so true. This is such a long grind we’re all doing but I am now enjoying the journey.

    ReplyDelete