Thursday 10 July 2014

Going Home

So since Saturday I've been at my mom's house on Vancouver Island. For those of you who don't know, Vancouver is about a 4 hour trip from the middle of Vancouver Island (Duncan). The reason I came was because my mom has a week off work so I decided to spend some time with her because my in-person class at UBC is over. However, I am registered in 2 more courses but I've barely scratched the surface on one of them and haven't started the other. The courses are Anatomy & Physiology I and II. I write the exam for the first class at the beginning of August and I write the second exam at the beginning of September. I believe the September exam won't conflict with my September classes because it is early enough in the course that I won't have anything due.

So far, I've just been relaxing, hanging out with my good friend, being with my mom, going to the gym, and doing a tiny bit of course work. I also watched a couple movies. I watched Shawshank Redemption and the Truman Show. They were both good but I liked Shawshank better. I also rented Lost in Translation and Gifted Hands. Gifted hands is about a surgeon, so I'm really excited to see that one. Hopefully it will be a good watch. Although I'm going back to Vancouver on Friday, so I only have today to watch both movies.

So I believe MUN's application and University of Calgary and OMSAS are all open now, so good luck to all of the applicants! I feel like most of the applicants on premed101 are talented applicants, and from the statistics, the samples on premed101 are much higher GPA/MCAT wise than the entire applicant pool. I think the people with the higher stats are naturally the ones who want to talk about medicine more. Also, premed101 is a very supportive community that helps everyone get through the process, so it definitely helps out to have that as a resource. I honestly don't know where I'd be without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment