Monday 28 July 2014

UBC Premedical Society

So today I am going to go to the UBC Premedical Society's office hours to sign up. Their office hours are 3-4pm on Mondays. I got this idea from a user on premed101 who private messaged me suggesting that I could go check it out. I didn't realize they would be open in the summer (still not sure if anyone will be there).

Even though I am just signing up, I'm very excited about going because I love meeting people who are passionate about medicine and want to go to medical school. I think this will be one of my favorite things about medical school (meeting people who are passionate about medicine). Because right now, in terms of knowing people that want to go into medicine, I only know of a couple people online, and pretty much no one in person.

The UBC Premedical Society has events like seminars, socials, volunteer opportunities, and a weekly lecture series where a doctor talks about his/her experiences. I am very excited about all of this! However, I don't think there will be events in the summer, but all the more reason to look forward to September!

Once I'm finished at the Premedical Society, I will post to see how it went! Hopefully my expectations aren't too high, because I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment