Wednesday 5 August 2015

Love, Success, and Jada Pinkett

Im not that into celebrity culture or tabloids, but when I heard that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett were getting a divorce, I was shocked and a bit upset. The reason is, for anyone that doesn't know, from what anyone can tell, Will  and Jada's marriage seems like such a successful marriage. You can really tell they love each other a lot and it just seems like a perfect marriage. They just seem so happy together.

Also as a 90's child, I grew up watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and that was one of my favourite shows when I was young. I also think most of Will Smith's movies are good too. Will Smith just has that movie-star persona. Aside from him being easily one of the highest grossing, biggest names in Hollywood, I respect him just as much for how he makes such a strong effort to love his wife. There are YouTube videos of Will Smith talking about being successful and how to achieve great success. When you hear these, you can tell that Will's fame and success were no accident. He just oozes success. So while I obviously don't know Will or Jada personally, I have a feeling that just as Will puts in a maximal amount of effort into his career, he puts the same maximal effort into his relationship with Jada. It is pretty inspiring now that I'm reflecting on it, because in every way it seems to be paying off. Will doesn't just love her, he has a passion for her. It also helps that Jada seems pretty awesome too.

So when I heard about the divorce, one of the things that went through my mind was that if Will Smith and Jada Pinkett's marriage can't last, what chance does any normal person have of a successful marriage. It may have been a bit dramatic of me to think, but the divorce along with my own breakup I went through made me inclined to think that love is dead, to a degree. Obviously my own breakup made me think pessimistically in this way. It turns out that Will and Jada aren't getting a divorce and the original report was false. I think even if they were getting divorced - as a man, Will Smith is a great example of a man doing everything to foster a thriving relationship. When I get back into a relationship, I'm going to make sure that I'm passionate about the relationship and putting in a maximal effort to achieve consistent happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment