Monday 31 August 2015

Temporary Move for the New Semester

I've decided to move back to my mom's house on Vancouver Island for the next semester. I decided to do it because I had the opportunity to take all online courses through UBC, and in effect, it would not put me behind at all in the progress of my degree. So by moving back home, I'm saving about $4000 over the course of the four months on rent alone. The reason it's so expensive is that all the real estate close to UBC is very expensive, so the rent prices reflect what is considered to be the more desirable neighborhoods. The place I was living at for the past year and a half was a cheaper place for rent, but it was quite far from UBC, so I was planning on moving ASAP. I don't really do well with the long commutes everyday. My place was about a 35 minute bus ride to UBC.

I am coming back to Vancouver in January because I am registered in some really cool classes, which are all 'in-person' classes. So I will most definitely be back in January, barring some major financial obstacles. I think this will be a good change for me as well, since I need something new and refreshing after my breakup. Don't get me wrong, I love Vancouver and my future is definitely in Vancouver, but after doing the grind of school for a year and a half straight, it's good to go home and recharge. I mean most students do go home during the summer of each year anyways, so I figured I was due to go back home for a few months. I'm also really looking forward to my time because I can spend time with my friends and my mom. My friends from the island and I have been having so much fun together in the past little while, and I just love hanging out with them.

It won't be all fun and games though, because most of my day will still consist of studying and working out. I haven't totally decided on how many online courses I will take this semester, but I am definitely taking five courses in January. Also, I'm increasing my workouts. I'm going to more than double my cardio. I'm increasing it from 40 minutes to 2 hours of cardio a day. I'll also be doing more weight training. And if the weather is good, I'll be playing lots of tennis too.

On the schedule today, I'm going to be contacting all the gyms in town to see how much a membership is. I did a bunch of errands this morning, as I just moved back to Vancouver Island yesterday. All in all, I'm very happy with my decision, and I'm wishing luck to everyone who is starting their semester next week, as I'm really looking forward to my next 4 months in my hometown. I will miss Vancouver, but I know that I will be back there soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment