Friday 4 September 2015

RESP Payment and Banking

So I've been checking my online banking account every day for the past two weeks, and I am happy to say that my RESP payment was deposited today! I'm extremely happy about this because I wasn't sure if I was going to get it or not (because of my failed courses and withdrawn semesters). But everything got processed and the money is in my account now, so I suppose it's all a done deal now. And what's even better is that it's about $1100 more than I was expecting too which is awesome!

I'm just about to head to the bank in a few minutes to move the money to a different bank (because some of my other money is in a different account at a different bank). So now, I'm wondering, what should I do with this money? Since I'm living at home free of charge, I figured I could put this money in some sort of high interest savings account or GIC or a possible investment. My RESP was about $7800, and I have about $5400 from a different source, and I may be getting a monthly income of $400 per month. So I'm just posting a message out in cyberspace to anyone with a possible financial background, or maybe not a background but has the knowledge on this sort of financial stuff. If anyone has any ideas or advice on financial products or general advice they'd be willing to help out with, if you could let me know, feel free to leave a comment, or you can email me at premedpostfailure@gmail.com. Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment