Monday 5 September 2016

How to Save Money on MCAT Books and Prep

So I recently came across an excellent way to save money on MCAT prep. I got the idea from the user "kbinners" on the premed101 forums and the idea is to ask your family members/friends/significant other to buy you Amazon gift cards to be used towards buying MCAT books for Christmas and birthdays (and other holidays) rather than a traditional gift they would normally get you. Or alternatively the friend or family member could simply buy the MCAT book for you themselves if that's possible for them. But in my family our gifts are usually around $50 CAD in value so buying the books outright isn't really an option. Also if the relationship is appropriate, you can ask the person to give you cash and tell them you would be using it for MCAT books. This obviously works better if a student is on a very tight budget, and if the student is buying the books used from somebody. Also if you're taking a prep course you can ask for cash too and just tell them it's for an MCAT course next summer or whatever.

I know for me personally, I don't really care for my gifts as it is usually stuff I don't need like clothes or other wearables like small jewelry or shoes or gift cards to restaurants. So to me this idea really really makes sense to me. And I never even thought of doing this! But I will most definitely be asking all of my relatives to either give me cash or Amazon gift cards this holiday season and for my birthday. I've always liked practical gifts and if practical is your thing too then I think this is the ultimate practical gift for today's premed student. Talk soon and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment