Tuesday 30 September 2014

Great Roommates

I have two roommates. I meant to write this post before one of my roommates moved out. Roommate #1 was very considerate of my schooling. I heard him talking to my landlord, and my landlord was complaining that the place was a bit dirty. Roommate #1 told my landlord that he did not approach me about it because he knows how busy I am with school. I thought that was so sweet of him. He did not have to take that stance, and instead could of said that "I'm an adult" and I "need to pull my own weight" etc. etc. I really admire him for it, not only because it saves me time, but because he stood up to our landlord and told her his opinion.

Roommate #2 also had the same sentiment about house duties as Roommate #1. Roommate #2 knows I want to go into medicine (not sure how he knows though?), and when him and I were discussing house cleaning, he said I did not have to worry too much because he knows how busy I am with school. I insisted that I could help out, and we decided he would text me when it is my turn to clean something. I totally trust him to give me a fair amount of work and not overload me. That is 2 roommates now who are very understanding of my schooling and future goals, and are effectively helping me achieving my goals. They are taking on more work for themselves, just so that I have less work and can focus on my schooling to achieve my goals. I found that so heart-warming. I am quite worried about getting "bad" roommates, but recently I haven't run into that. I know there are great people out there, but when one of them affects your life in a positive way, it is very touching.

Since roommate #1 moved out, there is a girl who has taken his spot. She seems very nice, and I believe she is a student as well. I'm hoping I can get along great with her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment