Thursday 13 November 2014

Possible C in sexuality?

So I wrote my 2nd midterm and got my mark 20 minutes after I finished writing it. I got a horrible 68%. I thought I did way better than that. But I'm guessing I just didn't study enough. The only problem is that my fate has potentially been sealed because the final is only worth 30%. I feel horrible about this because I wanted to have all good marks since returning to school. This kind of breaks up the upward trend pattern. Especially given that global health isn't going well, which makes matters much worst. So I could have 2 poor marks this semester. Although if I do well in the other 8 courses this year, then my average will still be over 80%. That is what I have to keep in mind because I almost really let myself get down in the dumps about these bad marks. I'm going to a non-trad premed event hosted by UBC med this weekend, and all I could think about was how I shouldn't be going because this semester won't have "doctor-like" grades. But if I remember the big picture of 8 other classes I'll be doing until April, I could still have a 85% average.

Given what's happened to my marks, I'm officially guaranteeing that I get all A+s next semester. I know I can do it and I have no reason not to succeed. The only problem I might run into is grading schemes. For example courses where an A+ is 95 and above and me doing things that aren't my strengths like essays and other subjective evaluations. So as a revision to my guarantee, I will get all A+s if most of my marks are more objective on things like tests rather than subjective things like essays. Even if it is subjective, I will work my butt off to do everything humanly possible to get an A+. I may need help from my profs or using other resources or spending more time on things. But I promise that I will try my absolute best next semester, and that is a promise I'm going to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment