Friday 31 October 2014

Halloween

So tonight is Halloween and I am on the premed101 forums looking up different medical school admission topics. I feel like part of me should put that and homework on hold because of today, but I really have no desire to put it on hold, it is my life and it consumes me. I think about medicine all the time and can't stop, even during holidays and special events.

A couple years ago when I was a caregiver, I was asked to work during Christmas break. That would have meant not going home to see my family because I was working in Vancouver and my family events are on Vancouver Island. I was very ready to work during Christmas, because I felt that is what was needed to be done. I ended up quitting that job for a different reason, and never had to work during Christmas, but I was more than ready to. That situation reminds of tonight.

But I don't drink alcohol anymore so I feel a bit limited in my Halloween opportunities. I don't mind though, because I have a lot of homework to do. Maybe I'll get the highest mark on the sexuality midterm because other people were out and about and I was in studying.

However, I might do something fun tonight by going to a Langara basketball game. I usually watch UBC play and I know a couple people on the team, but I have a friend on the Langara team too. The game is probably only going to be 1.5 - 2 hours long. It shouldn't take away too much time from studying.

I wanted to go back to Vancouver Island this weekend but I think I should save the time and stay in Vancouver and study and do my papers instead. I took a break last night to watch the NFL and NHL because it was the end of my week. I'm glad I did because both of my teams won! There are 2 hockey games and 1 NFL game I'd like to watch this weekend but I think I'll pass on them and do school work instead. I really need to finish at least one of my essays this weekend and also study for my quiz, midterm, and final.

I'm getting nervous just thinking of my final.

No comments:

Post a Comment