Sunday 26 October 2014

Hands of a Surgeon?

So yesterday I was carving pumpkins, and someone there commented that my cuts on the pumpkin were clean and immaculately cut. I couldn't help but think that maybe I have a surgeon's hands. But realistically, cutting a pumpkin is probably in no ways like doing surgery, except for the fact you're using your hands. But for me right now, carving pumpkins is as close to surgery as it gets for me,(unless I'm dissecting in a lab, which I haven't done for years) so I will take any little boost of confidence I can get for my potential future career.

Right now my top 5 speciality choices would be cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, general surgery, and opthalmology. So it looks like my top choices are all surgical fields, but I'm not quite sure if opthalmology is surgical.

Being a surgeon has a lot of appeal for me. Not to say that being a different type of doctor wouldn't be a great job either though. Surgery just has a certain quality that I find very appealing. Even the word surgeon sounds so cool to me. I'd love it if I could call myself a surgeon. I'm not going to limit myself to surgery, but I am aiming for surgery based off of everything I know right now. That may or may not change. The most important thing to me is being happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment