Friday 21 November 2014

Surgery Scheduled

So I got confirmation that my surgery will be on February 5th at 7:30am. I am getting surgery to fix my breathing. I have very heavy breathing problems and can't breathe out my nose properly and have some issues breathing at night. My surgeon did otolaryngology, but he actually has a plastic surgery practice and is a plastic surgeon as well. So he asked me if I wanted any work done, and I will be getting some adjustments to my nose. My nose has a slight irregularity and it isn't super bad or super noticeable from all angles, but it has bothered me for quite some time. So I'm really excited to get this surgery done. I do think I will look better after the surgery. And since my surgery is about fixing something that's irregular rather than something normal, I feel very comfortable getting the surgery done. Some people have issues with plastic surgery, but in my case, I feel no hesitation whatsoever. The surgery costs $6000 but my brother is paying for it, with me paying him back when I can. The surgery will take place in Vancouver.

I will have to miss a week of school because of recovery time, but I scheduled it near reading break so I will only miss a few days of school. I want to go to Vancouver Island during my recovery, but I was warned I may not feel well to travel on the day of the surgery. So I will likely leave the day after the surgery. It takes about 4 hours to get from Vancouver to my mom's place on Vancouver Island, and it involves one ferry. I have a full list of instructions for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks after the surgery. The list basically names things I can't do and things I have to do. I like anything surgery related and there may be some of you interested so I may post the instructions.

One interesting thing is that I will not be put to sleep, but will have a different anaesthetic. So I believe I will be conscious for the whole thing. I don't like the dentist, and I'm hoping it won't be like that. But since I won't feel anything, I doubt it will be like the dentist. 

Plus it's really really really cool that I get to observe my first surgery. I actually can't wait for the surgery for so many different reasons!

Note: I do not have a lot of money just because I'm getting surgery. My brother is paying for my surgery. But he contributes nothing to me for schooling. I use student loans and a couple hundred dollars each month from my mom. I have posted that I may be getting rent money from my uncle, but he has yet to inform me of that yet, so it's really up in the air. In short, I do have a tight financial situation and the surgery is an exception because my brother is paying for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment