Wednesday 7 October 2015

Thanksgiving Extension

So in one of my online classes I had one discussion and one quiz due on Monday. With this being Thanksgiving week I knew I had to get them done by Thursday night. I wanted to do all of my readings for the quiz so I knew it was going to take me a while to do. Well, today my professor emailed the class saying both items have been extended, with the discussion due Tuesday night and the quiz due Friday night. This was a big relief because during the past two weeks I've been pretty busy with school work as well as helping my mom. My mom decided to apply to some jobs in Vancouver so we were considering moving to Vancouver (we currently live on Vancouver Island). We have been kind of going back and forth between what we should do. My mom is very likely moving to Vancouver in the future, but we aren't exactly sure when that might be. Much of the discussion has been about financial issues, as my mom doesn't make very much money. She works as a care aide. I think part of the hesitation is that we are sort of waiting for me to get into med school. Once I get into a Canadian medical school, that would of course be an almost guarantee for a well paying job in the long term. I would also get a large line of credit that would help in the short and medium term. So basically once I am accepted, we would have a lot more autonomy on things like where we want to live and that sort of thing.

I'm getting excited about how I'm getting closer and closer to applying to UBC Medicine. I may have some very good news about my future within a month or two. I don't want to post exactly what that good news is just yet. Of course, I share a decent amount about my life on this blog, so I'm sure some of you can guess what that good news may be. Of course I'll leave it at that and leave it up to all of you to guess what that may be! Also as many of you know I'm superstitious, so I don't want to announce news that hasn't happened yet. It may or may not be good news, or it may be delayed from now until sometime next year, Now that I think about it, I probably won't be able to post good news about this secret thing until next year.

I also apologize for posting infrequently. My days have been so busy and in any down time I have I don't always feel like posting. But nonetheless, I do love this blog and love posting, and I promise I will be more active in posts for the rest of this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment