Thursday 21 August 2014

First Midterm of Anatomy & Physiology I Completed!

So I just finished writing my first midterm for Anatomy & Physiology I. I literally just finished it 10 minutes ago. I thought the test went well but I don't want to jynx it (as stupid as that sounds I am superstitious when it comes to these types of things). I also didn't have enough time to review my answers I put, except for one question. The only question I had time to review, I saw that I had misread the question and put down the wrong answer, most likely because I was going too fast. I wanted to be sure that I would finish the test on time. Anyways the fact that I changed 1/1 questions isn't comforting. I wouldn't be surprised if I did poorly on the test because of this. I just ran out of time plain and simple. I also had a few knowledge gaps. But oh well, I won't know for sure until the test is marked. The instructor said he tries to mark them within 48 hours. So hopefully I will know my score by 10:30pm on Saturday.

For those of you that are wondering why I wrote a midterm at ten o' clock at night, it is because I schedule the midterms on my own accord. So this does mean that the tests aren't supervised, but obviously there is a level of academic integrity implied.

Overall I thought it was a fairly fair test. One question I was really stuck on and spent like 15 minutes trying to solve. But the question was worth 5 marks. The midterm is out of 50 marks, and consists of 35 multiple choice and 3 short answer.

The more I wait, the more I start to worry about how I did. The midterm is worth 25% though. So if I got 50% on this first midterm and 80% on both the next midterm and the final, then my final mark would be 72.5%. That would be either a B or a B- (depending on if TRU-OL rounds up). That is a poor grade for me (good compared to some of my academic history, but not good enough for medical school). I would be furious and disappointed if I received a grade like that, given how much I enjoy the content of the course. I'm aiming for at least 90% in the course, but I'd like to get above 95% because I actually think I have a shot at doing it for this course. But there is massive amounts of information to remember. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to remember it all, but I know I can do it. 90% in this course would be an A+, and I would be happy with that mark.

One thing though, the instructor said the tests do get harder as you progress, so that is tough but I will have to suck it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment