Wednesday 27 August 2014

FlexMed at Mount Sinai

So I just got off the phone with admissions at Mount Sinai Medical School in New York City, and they said that their FlexMed program accepts Canadian citizens who also study in Canada.

Even though I have less than a 1% chance of getting accepted, I am still very excited about applying. Mount Sinai is a "top 20" school in the states, for what its worth. That fact, coupled with my poor academic history, means I should really be saving my money and not apply. But to even throw my name in the hat, and at a potential shot at an interview in as little as 6 months is too exciting for me to pass up.

FlexMed is a program for sophmores who if accepted, get early admission to Mount Sinai's medical school. People in FlexMed still have to get their bachelor's degrees, but they get early admission to medical school up to 2 years earlier than usual. I only found out about the program a few months ago, and luckily since I'm entering my second year, and I meet all their requirements, I seem to be eligble to apply.

I don't think I'll get an interview. The chances are too much of a long shot. But part of me just wonders, "what if". In all likelyhood the earliest I will ever get an interview is when I will have to wait my turn until I'm elgible for Canadian schools.

Regardless, time to make my application account!

No comments:

Post a Comment