Tuesday 9 December 2014

Finally almost done...

I got my heart transplantation paper back and I got 88%. There were some other tasks associated with the project that weren't directly related to my paper and I didn't do as well on them, so I got 80% on the entire project. 80 or even 88 is pretty bad considering how interesting I find heart transplant surgery. However, I did get deducted because I used too many colloquial medical terms and that sort of thing, so it makes me feel better that what I was doing things that were, sort of in a way, too advanced for the course. Also I got deducted because I didn't include enough descriptive epidemiology. So that was a simple omission and not really a deduction from the content I put into it. She also gave no guidelines on how much descriptive epidemiology we need, so I figured a few graphs/tables were enough. Anyways if I had not used colloquial medical terms, and also included more descriptive epidemiology, I would've got about 97%. I can deal with a few simple mistakes, and I wish I had fixed them before I handed it in, but I also wish it didn't affect my mark so much. At least she thought my paper was "great" and "fascinating".

I wrote my third exam today and I only have one more to go. I'm in the zone for the next test, but my mark may be quite low in that class. I can't wait for next semester to bring my average where it needs to be. If I get straight A+s next semester, I should have around an 85 average for the school year. That is a good average and only about 3-5% below where I want it to be. That is only one year out of many though, and my overall average needs some work.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. What class was that paper for? In some classes they prefer you not to use super technical terms, and in some classes they reprimand use of more colloquial terms...

    Hopefully none of your exams are 100% based on subjective grading! Only 6 more days of the exam period... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the paper was for a class called Foundations of Health ScienceYeah my exams have some written questions, which sometimes may have a subjective aspect to marking sometimes, but it's pretty hard to avoid written questions. Aside from a few quizzes, I found that most of my material this year was pretty objective.

    ReplyDelete