Friday 13 June 2014

Applying to Queens Medicine and going to my mom's house

If everything goes right for me, I will be applying to Queen's Medicine in mid July of 2016. This is 2 years and a month away. It feels like both a long time and a short time away. On the one hand, after I finish the 2014-15 year, I will only have 1 year to apply. On the other hand, it is still 2 years away. I still feel like I need to improve my EC's. I plan on doing hospital volunteering, physician shadowing, mental health volunteering,  basketball coaching, lets talk science, and being a member of several UBC clubs. I hope this is enough. And I hope 2 years is enough time to put into my EC's.

Words won't be able to describe how happy I'll be if I get into Queens in 2017. I doubt I will get in though because I'll only have 3 undergrad years, so I'll need to do really well on the MCAT. I'm still not sure if i should write the MCAT in the summer of 2015 or 2016, or both. One thing's for sure, I'll need  at least one year of good marks under my belt in order to justify spending thousands of dollars on MCAT materials. Also, I hope SN2ed of the SDN forums makes a study schedule for the 2015 MCAT. I read somewhere that he is going to.

Right now it is looking like I might only apply to Queens in 2016. I may apply to others but I am not sure yet. It depends on my gpa. If I did apply to others it would be all schools that I meet the requirements for, and also accept 3rd years. University of Calgary is potentially one school, and so is UBC. I still have to make a spreadsheet of every canadian school with it's requirements and then decide when and where I will apply. Hopefully I will do this soon.

In my FNH 200 course, I figured if I get 100 percent on everything remaining, I will get 92 in the course. This however is going to be very hard. It starts with a quiz I have to do this weekend.

This weekend I'm going back to Duncan on Vancouver island (my hometown) to see my good friend and also my mom. I'm only going for 2 days but I'm looking forward to it because I haven't seen my friend in a while. We always have fun together. I just wish he was pursuing medicine because I think he'd make an excellent doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment